Thursday, March 19, 2009

Axl is six months old today!

We returned from our Spring Break trip to Atlanta, GA this afternoon. I have to be honest--I almost declined the invitation to go because I thought we would be gone on the day Axl turned 6 months old and I would miss out on my bear picture in Axl's crib...but I got lucky and the day we were to return was TODAY. :)

Half of a year seems an awfully long time! We have definitely gotten to know Axl very well by now, and every day we learn more and every day he changes more. He is beginning to become mobile (in that he still kicks incessantly and waves his arms everywhere--leading to a little scooting), but I'm thinking he will be a late crawler. He seems to have forgotten how to roll from front to back, but I like just watching him rest his head on the ground and smile at me, because he wouldn't EVER do this before Zantac!

Axl's list of mastered foods is growing by the week. Now he has had...
Rice Cereal
Sweet Potatoes
Plums
Carrots
Green Beans
Apple Juice
Potatoes (the first thing he has absolutely HATED--we tried this in Atlanta. I tried to make it extra smooth after the first sign of distaste with extra blending and breast milk but he still just continued to make the terrible face, gag, and promptly throw up. Gross. I won't try this again for a while.)

We usually come in to find him sleeping on his side, still snuggling with his little bear that is for some reason in a bunny costume. He still doesn't sleep through the night and when he woke up nightly in Atlanta at about 3-4 a.m. in his port-a-crib he seemed to be freezing cold, so I ended up snuggling him up under the covers on my bed...probably a bad idea but I couldn't bear for him to go back to sleep cold. :/ We'll see how this bad habit will affect him when we come home and this can't happen anymore...

Here are some snapshots taken throughout the month...

Axl learned to hold his own bottle this month!

Just a cute picture of Axl and Dad
This month, Axl got a little long for the carseat Lyman and Elizabeth loaned us. We could have adjusted the straps one more time but Luke and Kate had already loaned us another bigger one so we switched :) What would we do if we actually had to buy a carseat?? Good thing we had kids after everyone else...
So long sweet Combi...Axl had some yummy apple juice for the first time on March 11th (My dad's birthday!!)


...and what you've all been waiting for...
just kidding...but really

one month old 10/19/2008
two months old 11/19/2008

three months old 12/19/2008
four months old 1/19/2009
five months old 2/19/2009
six months old 3/19/2009
and some other cute ones from the shoot this month...



4 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Can he get any cuter? :)

Kristin LaFontaine said...

Yay! I love hearing about the adventures of Axl. His crib pics are the highlight of my month.

Loretta Valenta said...

Happy Half Birthday, Axl! He is sooo adorable! I love the pictures with the teddy -- what a great measuring stick for him! :) I also love the picture of him with his daddy -- so cute!

John and Erin said...

Today was the first time I have seen this post! I don't know how I have missed it!? Anyways...its SUPER adorable!!! Sooo cute!