Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Introductions


Since I'm getting a late start entering the world of blog, I'll give the readers (if there are any) a little introduction--and have a little fun reminiscing myself!

Tyler and I met at the University of Kentucky in a public speaking class. However, we didn't start dating until about 2 years later when he finally asked me on a real date instead of just a home teaching appointment! :) We dated for a short 84 days and then Tyler proposed-making a day of it! We were married on July 21st, 2007 at the Louisville Temple. Our reception was held at the Sugar Pond--where we hope to someday build a house of our own!

We honeymooned in Orlando, FL for a week and had a GREAT time! We went to amusement parks, cruised around in the convertible and ate LOTS of ice cream!

Upon returning to Kentucky, we moved into our beloved trailer on the same farm as the Sugar Pond. It has served us well this past year and we will be sorry to move in about a week!

We've done so much in the first year of our marriage and it would take a book to cover it all, so here are some pictures of the highlights!

This was the day I went to the temple for the first time


In August, the Hamilton family all went to Las Vegas to celebrate Catherine's 21st birthday! Blue Man Group was my FAVORITE!



Halloween 2007--Tyler and I wore the velour suits he brought home from his mission in Detroit...it was a last minute thing, I guess we were pimps, ha. This picture was taken at the Nicholasville Ward Trunk or Treat.


This is the picture we used for our Christmas cards last year, it was taken at the Cooper family Thanksgiving 2007.


This is the only picture I have of us from the Cooper family Christmas celebration...very attractive, I know.


This is my niece, Madison at her first Christmas celebration...the rocking horse was from Granny and Papaw.


This Christmas, we tried to start some of our own traditions. We woke up, opened lots of presents from Santa Clause, took a great run to the Hamilton's house on Harrodsburg road for breakfast at Cindy's, then came back to the trailer and made donut holes together!



Blogger is getting mad at me for uploading so many photos, so I'm going to give it a break and finish this up sometime soon!

4 comments:

Tara Black said...

Yay! I'm so glad you finally have a blog! I like your little introduction! :) Also, I peeked at the baby picture website you posted of Axl. He is just too cute! Glad you guys are doing well!

John and Erin said...

WAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm SOOO excited!!!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Tara got me into the blogging world. It's fun to keep up with friends/family who live far away as well as those we don't see often. You have a beautiful family JoAnna and it will be fun to hear about little Axl via your blog!

Love ya!
Aunt Robin :)

John and Erin said...

When are you going to introduce Axl? I miss him...