Monday, May 11, 2009

End of the Semester/Pseudo Graduation

There was lots of celebration as this semester drew to a close. I was so glad to be finished with school and spend the summer with Axl! Throughout the semester, my particular section in the Education program at UK became quite close. It was bitter sweet to experience the last days of class with these people I've spent every day with for the past 4 months.

Leighann had to work her new summer job on my last day of classes so Axl actually joined me at school. He was able to meet all my professors and classmates and joined us for lunch at Pazzo's on campus.
That night many of my classmates got together at the Tin Roof to celebrate completing all of the coursework in the education program...We only have Student Teaching left!
These are my closest friends in the program, DeAnna and Megan. They have been wonderful to me throughout the semester. Many a night, they would join me at my house for projects and study sessions so I could put Axl to bed. They are now, "Aunt Megan" and "Aunt De" to the AxMan. :)
During this eventful weekend, Axl also had his first taste of ice cream! After a "Graduation Celebration" on the lawn of the Taylor Education Building, we (Tyler, me, Axl, Megan, and DeAnna) went to Maggie Moo's for dessert. The first picture is one of his first bites, and the second is his response to one of his first tastes of SUGAR!On May 9th I actually walked at the Commencement Ceremony. However, because I still have student teaching left to complete my degree, I am not going to look at or post the pictures from the ceremony until I complete my last semester in December. If I happen to forget to do this--someone please remind me; I think it will be very therapeutic to attempt to recreate that feeling of closure.

YAY summer!

No comments: