Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

After getting ready for church on my first official Mother's Day, I came downstairs to find these two handsome men. Axl was holding a card that his father actually wrote (...attempting to create childlike handwriting...which wasn't so hard considering his actual handwriting)
Anyway, it wasn't actually a Mother's Day card, it was a "New Baby Boy" card with a cow "jumping" over the moon when you open it. There was a handwritten caption that said "Just like my book"(we read Goodnight Moon nightly with Axl). The back of the card read,

"Mom,
I talked to Dad and he siad we can get thoes pictures you want!
Thanks for benig my MOM.
AXL"

(I'm not sure if the misspellings were purposeful, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt, ha.)

So...Marissa, the "pictures" I want are by YOU! Get ready to schedule our session!

PS
I'm so grateful for my extremely thoughtful husband and beautiful son! What a wonderful Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

YAY!!!! Joanna I am SO excited!!!

Kris and Kally said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I love the card! And AXL is DARLING! He is getting so big!