Monday, November 22, 2010

A few randoms worth remembering...

Axl has never been one to sing. For a while now he has been enjoying music, asking me to sing a song, or learning and doing the movements to songs at school and at storytime, but he has never tried to actually sing them. About a week ago I heard him trying to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I'd hear a babble of words, each kind of a different note and then "star" at the end of it. I pointed it out to Tyler and he wasn't really convinced that Axl was actually singing the song. Last night, Axl was getting bored in the car and we were all really quiet. He started singing, "waa waa waa...bus...waa waa waa...bus". I looked back and he was doing the movements for the crying baby in "The Wheels on the Bus". It was quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever heard. I then asked him to sing, "Twinkle Twinkle" and he very clearly sang to the tune, "Twinkle Twinkle da star, wawawa star". Love it.

Cooper started blowing raspberries a couple of days ago. She doesn't just use her lips, she sticks her tiny little pointy tongue out and blows. Everything gets covered in slobber but it sure is cute!

When I went up to get Axl up from his nap today he was stark naked lying on the floor neatly tucked in by his blanket pretend sleeping (making the breathing noises..ah-soooo, ah-soooooo). He was, of course, scolded for disrobing and removing his diaper in the middle of the day, but I couldn't help but laugh.

No comments: