Sunday, April 19, 2009

Axl is seven months old today!

Wow. I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. Another month has flown by and we're still alive. I'm back at UK and having a little more time to spend with Axl has been welcomed with open arms. He's growing like a mad man; when Tyler and I took the pictures this month he said he thought this month he had grown the most so far by far!

He sure is a chunky little guy that absolutely LOVES to eat. I'm still pumping every day at school, but he gets a bottle every four hours now so I only have to pump once while away, which is nice. I still pump the morning bottle, though, so he can sleep in a little later and eat when he gets to the babysitter's. He still only eats solid food twice a day, but I plan on bumping it up to three times daily when I get out of school for the summer--which is SO close, by the way!! He eats cereal and vegetables in the afternoon and cereal, vegetables, and fruits at night. He gets quite a few snacks throughout the day which consist of "Baby Mum-Mums" (a fun little rice cake thing), and some yummy foods (mandarin oranges, plums, bananas) in his Munchkin fresh food feeder, which he LOVES! He still drinks quite a bit of juice and is SLOWLY getting the sippy cup thing down...(I'm probably being optimistic...he just thinks it feels good and gnaws on the mouthpiece...occasionally getting a couple drops out).

Mastered baby foods:
Sweet Potatoes
Carrots
Green Beans
Plums
Prunes
Pears
Apples
Bananas
Rice Cereal
Oatmeal Cereal

Axl is still taking three naps a day. From what I've heard, this is really weird...but with me not being with him all day, I haven't been able to switch it to two--another thing I'll be able to do when school is out. They range from 1-2 1/2 hours which is very nice! He doesn't eat at all through the night and sleeps essentially from about 8:45pm to about 7:30am; though we do have to plug him with the yummy occasionally in the night.

and here they are...

1 month old 10/19/2008

2 months old 11/19/2008

3 months old 12/19/2008

4 months old 1/19/2009

5 months old 2/19/2009

6 months old 3/19/2009

7 months old 4/19/2009

1 comment:

Luke and Kate Darby said...

wow, he has gotten so big. It is cool to see how much he has changed not just in size but in how aware he is now and how he is sitting up.