Friday, April 3, 2009

My New Present!

Several of you know that so far I have been able to make all of Axl's baby food. Up until now, I have been using this.


The soda can is conveniently placed to show how extremely small this processor is. Needless to say, one batch takes FOREVER!

With a little babysitting money I earned recently, I decided to buy a new food mill! This little contraption is awesome! I can make a much bigger batch in here and it keeps most of the skins and strings from getting into the final product! It was a GREAT investment!


And for anyone who is interested in making baby food--it is super easy and I have considered it such a blessing. My life is SO incredibly busy right now and the time I take each week to just let it all go and make food for Axl forces me to get things in check. ...and thanks to my mom for picking up the book about it at a yard sale before I even had the little guy. :)


*The time factor is not helped much, however, so pretty soon I'm hoping to purchase a large food processor for foods that don't need to be strained of anything...but he'll probably be done with baby food by then...anyway.

1 comment:

Kauti Nicholls said...

ooooh, i've always wanted to try one of those food mills! they seem so neat! i hear it makes great mashed potatoes!