Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cooper is 3 months old!


I really can't believe it. She is growing up so fast and it is such a different experience than a first child. I felt like time flew and I missed things with Axl, but this is that feeling magnified! It seems like we just brought her home from the hospital and it has already been THREE MONTHS!
She is such a blessing. The medications, I'll say it again, have just saved us. She is so very comfortable and just really a cheesy, goofy, happy baby nearly all the time. We do have to keep her schedule pretty set, but I've found that I really like it that way. She wakes up in the morning between 7 and 8...I'm working on making it a more consistent 7:45-8 wake-up time. She gets Donnatol every 3 hours, and eats 30 minutes after each dose. Her waketime is an hour a half, followed by an hour and a half nap. At this point she either has a good nap day (all of them go well) or a bad nap day (waking up early from all of them); on the bad nap days, she typically wakes up in the night and the good nap days makes for a sound night's sleep. Babies and their sleep is such a mystery to me... She goes to bed between 9 and 9:30, I wake her up for a dreamfeed at about 11:30 and then she sleeps through until morning. I'm hoping that within the next month or so we'll cut out the dreamfeed, but I'm afraid to do it yet.
She loves the boys--just like Axl was, we have found that if Tyler is in the room when I'm feeding her, he can't talk, or she's just craning away trying to find him. I've caught the two kids smiling at each other a lot lately and Axl has started asking to give her a hug and a kiss. She is always smiling after; even if his idea of a hug is barreling his noggin, and subsequently the rest of his body weight, into her tummy while she's sitting in the bouncy seat (scaring me to death).
She doesn't much like tummy time, and I haven't helped the situation by NEVER doing it in order to avoid an Axl attack. But we've made use of his nap time the past couple of days, so hopefully those shoulders will start to strengthen up and she'll begin to enjoy it.
Cooper, we love you and can't believe your little life is moving so fast! Slow down, little girl, and let us enjoy it!

2 comments:

John and Erin said...

She is so stinking cute!!!! I love that little smile!!! How old was axl when he finally outgrew his need for the meds?

beecoming said...

she's soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!