Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tyler's Birthday/Cooper's Blessing

Cooper and her daddy seem to be sharing a lot of days; her first Sunday to church was on Father's Day and her blessing day fell on Tyler's birthday!


The day before the blessing was the Wade Family Reunion, so we asked my parents if they'd take Axl from there and keep him overnight so we could celebrate Tyler's birthday that night. We met Young at Catherine at Jalapenos and had a yummy dinner, then headed to the movies, with Cooper in tow, to see Inception. Cooper did ok in the movie but I spent the majority of it sitting with her in the isle. She did let out a huge belch right in the middle of a really quiet part that gave us all a good laugh. :)

Coop was lucky enough to share her blessing day with both of her cousins, Maya and Lola. It was such a special day and we FILLED the chapel with Hamiltons, Coopers, and tons of friends! My mom and I picked out a special blessing dress for Cooper that had matching socks, I got little infant bracelets for all three of the girls, and the talented Shawna made Cooper a beautiful bonnet. She could not have looked cuter! The morning started off a little rough for us--my mom called me on her way there telling me she needed extra clothes for Axl because he had puked. I later found out he puked ALL the way to Nicholasville from Paris...I'm so grateful my parents had him that morning to take care of him because I think if he were with us, Cooper would not have been getting blessed that day. Axl didn't feel well all day and we think he may have been suffering from heat exhaustion from the day before at the park. After church we all went to the Hamiltons' house for lunch and cupcakes. It was a great day to spend with family and friends, and even though she won't remember it, a very special day for our little Cooper Jay.




Since the family reunion was the day previous, Cooper had some special out-of-town guests for her blessing. Mamaw Fox (My dad's mom) and Bill were in from Michigan, Johnny (my dad's brother) was in from Tennessee, Jeff (another of my dad's brothers) and Chris were in from Utah! And of course we were just as happy to see those that live close and came to celebrate with us!!I'm including this picture because I think it's funny that my dad and I are sitting the exact same way. When we got home on Sunday night, we had a family movie night. Axl has started cuddling with his dad like this when they watch tv and that day he was especially cuddly because he was sick :(

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Wish we could have been at the blessing! Cooper looks simply adorable! You look beautiful as usual, and Ax man looks cute even though he was sick! How fun to have such a big and close knit family to celebrate the special times!

singingrae said...

Cooper looked so beautiful in her dress and bonnet. So sad we had to miss the girls blessings!