Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Axl is 9 months old!

For the first time in Axl's 9 month life, I forgot to take the bear picture on the 19th. Therefore, I must confess that the bear picture this month was taken when Axl was actually 9 months and 2 days old, on the 21st. As silly as it is, I am seriously disappointed with myself for forgetting this, but I am getting over it. Life got in the way--we had a wonderful day at the pool that day and I really just forgot all about it before I put him to bed.

Anyway, this has been a pretty fun month. It started out pretty rough with Axl being a pretty fussy little guy, which many of you know, is not very characteristic of him. Anyway, we worked with some scheduling, eating, resting issues and pretty much have it figured out. He just really does the best on a pretty strict schedule. Right now, for my records, it goes like this.
7:30-8:00 Axl wakes up and has breakfast: milk, toast, and cereal
Playtime/errands
10:30 Morning nap
12:00-12:30 Axl wakes up and has lunch: milk, various vegetable, and cereal, sometimes sippy with juice
Playtime/errands
3:00-3:30 Afternoon nap
5:30 Axl wakes up and has dinner: milk, vegetable, fruit, and cereal
Playtime/Bathtime
8:30 Milk and Bedtime!
*If we stick pretty close to this, he is a VERY happy baby!

Yet again I must post that he is still essentially immobile, though I am quite grateful. He rolls quite a bit and is a spin master on his belly but has yet to crawl. Just yesterday he pulled one knee up under his stomach and started launching forward from sitting, thinking he will be able to crawl, but just facedives into the floor. I don't think it will be long. Also, no teeth yet--still has to wear a spit bib EVERYDAY.

I never even thought to work with Axl on clapping or try to teach him this particular skill, but this month (06/08), he just decided it was a fun thing to do. I was talking to Cindy one day with him on my lap and he started perfectly clapping his little hands together. He'll now do it when we say, "Yay" or sometimes when we say, "Clap, Axl". If we guide his hands together, he always gives us atleast a couple. :)

sorry about the Tennessee bib--we use it for especially messy foods! ;)


1 month old 10/19/2008
2 months old 11/19/2008
3 months old 12/19/2008
4 months old 1/19/2009
5 months old 2/19/2009
6 months old 3/19/2009
7 months old 4/19/2009
8 months old 5/19/2009
9 months old (6/21/2009)

We love you so much, little guy!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Okay...we miss him too much...and that smile, I seriously don't think it gets cuter than that! We hope you are enjoying your summer...from the pics it looks like that's the case :) We miss you...tell ty and the ax man hello for us

Sierra said...

He is so photogenic. I can never get Caylor to smile for photos. He is such a cutie.

Loretta Valenta said...

Love his smile! He's such a happy baby!!!! Happy 9th month birthday, Axl!

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

He is getting SO big!!