Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day and Coop's First Sunday at Church

Life has proven to be entirely too stressful for me with two kids and I have to admit that I came extremely close to completely forgetting Father's Day this year. I distinctly remember having several conversations with people about Father's Day...I just didn't make the connection in my brain that I do, in fact, have dependents who are unable to put a gift together themselves, who have a father, my husband...Someone very deserving of a holiday held in his honor!

Axl and I did remember, though, just in time and picked up a fun activity for Axl and Daddy to do together. Cooper can watch. ;)

Two water guns!After church we went to Tyler's parents' house to have lunch. We tried to take a picture of the family to document Cooper's first Sunday at church, but by the time we got everyone together, both kids had pooped all over their special outfits and Tyler had given up and changed...ha. So this is what we got. Maybe I'll recreate it another time. :)
Axl, having a little fun during wardrobe change...That evening we headed to Paris to meet up with my family. We had a great dinner and the kids had a great time (between fighting over toys) playing together :)

And...I got to wish MY DAD a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
It was a great day...one of those days that is pretty stressful dragging around kids everywhere, but totally worth it to spend time with those you love!

2 comments:

BJ Cox said...

Hey cutie! I loved your post about Father's day and cracked up at the attempted family photo op. We recently tried to have family photos with BJ's entire family (34 grandkids) and it was a complete disaster. Children were either asleep or screaming...Benson was screaming and McKay was running away in probably every pic. Ah, family life. Sure miss you girl!

BJ Cox said...

BTW, this is Rachel (though I'm sure BJ thinks you're a cutie too...) :)