Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cooper is 4 months old!

Little Miss Cooper is now four months old! It's extremely hard to believe that so much time has passed and she is becoming such a little person--interacting with people, sharing her feelings, and growing growing growing!!

We have definitely been able to pick up on more of her personality over the past month or so. Tyler made the comment that he thinks Cooper is more like him and Axl is more like me. "You know, Cooper loves for people to be around and Axl is just really whiny...". So basically, Tyler thinks I'm a whiny introvert. Thanks again, dude. But in all seriousness, it may be kind of true. :)

Whenever we hear Cooper waking up upset or gets upset in the next room as soon as you come into sight the cry turns into a screechy squeal and her face just lights up; making it hard to put her pacifier in because of her goofy grin! This morning marked the first (atleast that I can remember) time waking up and just cooing in her bed. She doesn't usually get overly loud, but you can tell she's ready for someone to get in there! I got her a new play gym which we keep in the pack 'n play so she can actually play somewhat independently without Axl attacking her. She will just coo and squeal (rather loudly) for quite a while, but definitely lets you know when she's done and ready to move on to something else.

Her schedule has relaxed quite a bit in the last week or two and I am loving it! I could tell she was wanting to drag it out a bit because I was waking her up from her naps, but if I didn't she would end up going to bed way too late because of trying to get that last feeding in. But I finally got up the nerve to play with it a bit and here is what she has kind of set.


about 8 wake up and get Donnatol
8:30 nurse
10 or 10:30 nap
12 or 12:30 wake up and get Donnatol
12:30 or 1 nurse
2 or 2:30 nap
about 4:30 wake up and get Donnatol
5 nurse
6:30 nap
8 wake up and get Donnatol
8:30 nurse
about 9:30 bed
10:30 or 11 dream feed (I added this back in when she stretched her schedule out, so that she would still sleep through the night)


She sleeps through the night and takes 3 FABULOUS naps a day! I was just looking back at Axl's four month post and saw that his naps were still 30 to 45 minutes long and he was eating 6 times a day!! I think I would be dead if Cooper hadn't figured out how to take good nap by now, though I think his issues probably had to do with his reflux at this point because we were just starting the Zantac.

Cooper has her 4 month check up on Friday and I'm anxious to see how much she's grown...and how a double-doctor's appointment goes when both my children are going to be due for shots. ugh. Wish me luck!

1 month old

2 months old3 months old4 months old

2 comments:

John and Erin said...

After looking at that schedule all I can say is thank goodness for the donnatol!!!! P.S.-4 months=ears pierced!!!!

The Snyder's said...

It's amazing to see how she's grown in four months! I can tell just from those four pictures how much her personality is coming out! What a beautiful little girl!!! DEFINITELY praying for the doctor's appointment. Our toughest appt was Waverly's six month and I'm chalking that up to the flu shot.. yuck.