Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snow Days!

Well, it's finally Saturday and while I have had absolutely nothing to do...I have gotten nothing done. The Lexington area experienced a pretty huge ice storm at the beginning of the week, which starting Tuesday landed most inside their houses--Even University of Kentucky students, who have only seen like 2 class cancellations due to weather in the last 10 years or something. This week has just been sent from heaven to me. I got to stay home with Axl every day, put off my homework, drink hot chocolate, hang out with friends, and even enjoy power that many people around here didn't have! It seems as if it has been timed perfectly as Axl made some discoveries this week that I would have hated to miss!

Wednesday was his 4 month checkup and my dad came in his big truck to pick us up, as I didn't want him to get behind on his shots. The roads didn't end up being that bad, but it was fun to have Papaw there. :) Here are the stats...

14 lbs 15.8 ounces

25 1/4 inches

head- 41 1/2 cm

...all were close to 50th percentile for his age.


A couple of days before going to the doctor Axl discovered that he has two hands. Seeing him clasp them together makes me smile and he finds it especially useful at naptime.

I asked the doctor if I should be concerned about him not being able to reach out and grab something and he told me that what comes before that is the baby bringing their hands together in the front, which he had just started doing, so he was right on track. Just the next day, he discovered that he CAN reach out and grab his toys!


Axl and Matthew sharing a snow day!


This week has definitely spoiled me...back to school I go!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

What a treat to get to spend some time with Axl! I love the picture of him cuddling his teddy bear during his nap! Aww!

Mariah said...

I always loved seeing my babies find their hands! Wait until he actually finds them with his eyes and starts following them around looking at them! That is soo cute! He is such a handsome little man!If you ever need a backup babysitter, pick me, pick me!!