Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall?

Despite the mid-80's in mid-October, we've been trying to get into a fall-y mood. Yesterday actually cooled off just a little bit and that was enough to motivate me!

It started two days ago when I had been looking several places for flower pots--nothing fancy, just small, simple flower pots that I wanted to plant some mums in. I talked to Tyler about how expensive they are! Nothing to break the bank or anything, but a flower pot is not something I feel justified in spending a lot of money on at this point in our lives. On the way back from dropping Axl off from school that very day I saw a pile of flower pots on the curb!! I went to the door of the house they were in front of and talked to the owners and they told me to help myself! I got two small, very faded, but usable pots and one large, nice pot! So yesterday I got to work. I bought some spray paint and painted the faded pots black and haven't decided yet what I want to do with the large pot. When Axl woke from his nap we got to planting!

Also two days ago, the LONG AWAITED sewing maching arrived! (my birthday present from Tyler) I've been waiting so long that I have tons of ideas for projects that I want to try from some investigating on the Internet. I started with something very simple, and though it's not by any means perfect, I am considering it a success!
Axl is supposed to wear black or orange every Wednesday in October to
school, so that was the motivation for this shirt.

1 comment:

John and Erin said...

That is awesome!!!! You did GREAT on the shirt!!!! Love it!!!!