Thursday, October 28, 2010

Open House and Harvest Party

I took Axl to the his open house at Great Escape and we had a pretty fun time together. He showed me some things in his classroom and then we headed down to the gym where he played with a lot of the equipment they play with on the days they have PE. For the most part we have been happy with his experience so far at Great Escape and he is definitely getting a little more used to it.

The pumpkin we made together was on display in his classroom.

Axl had a Halloween party in his class that I was WAY more excited for than he was. They were to dress in their costumes, the parents signed up to bring in party goodies, and we were supposed to join them at 11:15. Well...by the time we got there at 11:15 they had already done all the party stuff...it was a pretty big let down for me, considering Axl acted like a crazy person the whole time, too, lying in the floor, whining, and trying to leave. Happy Halloween, Mom. The night before the party I decided to make little treats for his friends. This would not have been a big deal had I not made an entire batch, realized I may not have washed my hands after I used some cleaner with bleach before I rolled them out, had visions of a classroom full of two year olds passing out and frothing at the mouth, forced to make an entire new batch at, oh, about midnight. Yeesh. Axl did look adorable in his Mickey costume, though, and he really enjoyed his treat on the way home. :)



No comments: