Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 1 and 4 YEARS!

Day 1. A photograph of myself today and three good things that have happened in the past 30 days.1. From July 1st to the 9th we took our first real family vacation. We went to Myrtle Beach and despite a few unfortunate happenings, we had a GREAT time.
2. After arriving home, we were met with cousin Sonia who came to stay and help us out for a week. Axl LOVES Sonia. I'm sure we'll remember this, but Axl is not what you'd call a "people person" and he just melts when Sonia is around. When he saw her for the first time this trip at church (we haven't seen her since Coop's birthday party), he walked gingerly up to her and grabbed her hand, and then plopped himself (not gracefully, with a broken arm) right next to her on the pew. It was precious.
3. Also--within the last 30 days, my classroom was cleared out, furnished by the best custodian in the world, Mike, and opened to me to move in!! I have had a lot of fun working in there and really can't wait to get started. Though I also feel very overwhelmed and nervous.

and the best thing of all...As of yesterday Tyler and I have been married for 4 years! Last week, Tyler was in Columbus all week and when he returned today we dropped the kids at Granny and Papaw's and headed for Cincinnati! I am unbelievably excited about a weekend with my husband and no kids (I LOVE my kids, but there is just something about the feeling of being alone after having children!). Tonight we're rewatching Part I of Deathly Hallows to prepare for a day of shopping, Brio, and Part II of Dealthly Hallows. The next day we plan to go to King's Island for a combined celebration of our anniversary and Tyler's birthday (technically last year's birthday because that's what he wanted and we never made it) and on Monday--the piece de resistance--IKEA for THE COUCH...my Christmas present from Tyler :) :)

All smiles here on Day 1. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love reading your blog...I need to get better at journaling on mine, too. Where did you make your book? Also, you look amazing...have you been doing P90X again? Amazing.