Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pregnancy...so glad it's over!

Most of you know that I often say that every part of my body rejected the idea of being pregnant, but now that I have a little man to show for it, I feel slightly obligated to look at it in a more positive light. So after I force myself to think of ten things I liked/loved about being pregnant, I'll share the many, many things I hated :)

Things I loved about being pregnant:
1. Feeling Axl move was a wonderful experience for me; it was so great to be reassured of his existence everyday--although there will be several items in the next list that will look at this a different way...
2. The cure to my sickness at about 18-20 weeks was to constantly eat. I like to eat.
3. Cravings for Fuzzy Navel Sno Cones.
4. Tons and tons of Sierra Mist.
5. Pop-ice.
6. A justified nap.
7. Buying the entire bear line at Gymboree.
8. Hearing the heartbeat at the doctors' office.
9. Tyler deciding my belly button looked like a grumpy old man and talking to it as such.
10. The anticipation of having my own child after a lifetime of babysitting.

Things I hated about being pregnant:
1. Being fat.
2. Being sick.
3. Not being able to sleep on my stomach.
4. Having NO clothes that fit.
5. Maternity clothes.
6. Crotch ache.
7. Not feeling Axl move--several mornings I cried for two hours because he hadn't moved yet and I thought he died in the night.
8. Axl moving in my ribs.
9. Constant rib ache.
10. Heartburn.
11. Gas.
12. Our full-size bed.
13. Waking up every 20 minutes to pee, hurt, or worry.
14. Triage visit.
15. The new taste of pepperoni- Body Odor.
16. Nasty water break.
17. Pitosin.
18. 17th degree tear, ha.

I could go on, but I'm tired of thinking about it. :) Because I hated it so much, I didn't take many pictures, but here are the ones I did.

21 weeks

29 weeks
32 weeks

37 weeks

6 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

You were a beautiful bride, a beautiful pregnant woman, and you continue to radiate beauty.

Tara Black said...

You really were a cute pregnant lady. Ahh crotch ache... I know all about that. :) The good news is that you have a sweet little guy to show for it! :)

Sierra said...

I know what you mean, I do not miss being pregnant at all! It is so nice to be able to see Caylor whenever I want to instead of worrying if he is okay or wondering if I will be a good mom, etc, etc. You are such a great mom and Axl is so sweet and cute!

Laura said...

You'll be surprised as Axl gets bigger and cuter every day, how easy it is to forget how hard it all was. At least that's how it has been for me.

I love the 'not-so positive' posts about pregnancy though. Keepin' it real...

E said...

You were so cute pregnant! And look at your cute reward!!! I still want to see pictures of him:)

The Reynolds Family said...

Boy did Sierra Mist and I make friends... we spent months together! I couldn't agree with you more. Pregnancy is not my cup of tea!