Monday, November 24, 2008

Cooper Thanksgiving

Several years ago, my side of the family started having our Thanksgiving dinner the Saturday before Thanksgiving so that my brother and his wife could attend both his and her families' Thanksgiving celebrations. I was appreciative of this tradition when Tyler and I got married because we can do the same. :) However, this year we celebrated on Sunday because my cousin Chelsea got married this past weekend and my parents were in Utah! Congratulations Chelsea!

Last week was one of the most stressful weeks I've had in a long time. I am going to school part-time this semester because I had Axl in September. It has mostly been a breeze but my least favorite thing to do is write papers. All of the exams in my Appalachian Studies class are papers. This one was a 15 pager...my personal nightmare. The worst part of my hatred for papers is the dirty little habit of procrastination. But not only do I procrastinate, I stress about the paper for the entire 2 weeks before it is due--all the while NOT doing it. So anyway, as this weekend approached I had the 15 page paper due on Monday on my mind, 2 batches of homemade rolls, 2 pies, and green beans to make, Stake Conference to attend and of course my little Axl to tend to. I seemed to time everything wrong with the cooking, and come Saturday I still had half the paper to write. HOWEVER...it is now Monday and the rolls and pies turned out great, Tyler prepared the green beans for me, and I completed the ginormous paper! ...and took pretty good care of my son, if I do say so myself, ha.




I bought this outfit for Ax to wear this Thanksgiving--I think it's adorable, but Tyler kept saying, "Axl, I'm sorry mom put you in this mega sweater."

Here's the family. My mom and dad-Karen and James, My brother and his wife-David and Paula, their children-Madison and Tripp, and us, of course.

Axl and Dad after the Turkey kicked in.

Madison helping out the Axman.

By the way--this week Axl's eyelashes grew a WHOLE lot and started curling! Adorable. Also, the changing table is Axl's favorite seat in the house...he is always smiling there. I dread the day when he can roll over and I can't get a little bit done while he's so happy lying there kicking away!

11/21/2008 I went to see Twilight this week with a bunch of gals from church and Tyler babysat for the evening. This was the first time I've gone out and done something fun (besides class) and Tyler has watched him. A couple days later I found these pictures on the camera. Looks like they had a pretty good time


4 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

You and Tyler have lots to be thankful for-beautiful son and many loving family members! Great idea of being flexible for family dinners. Loved the pics! Hope you can relax and enjoy the next few days!

Kristin LaFontaine said...

LOL! I love the father-son pics especially. I heard your pies were phenomenal!! Happy Thanksgiving.

John and Erin said...

awww....Im sorry you had to take care of me too!!! I had no idea you were so stressed! You should have told me!!! I feel so bad! But I am glad everything turned out good and I LOVED Axl's outfit!!! It was adorable!!!

Marissa said...

I love it when daddies take pictures while mommy is away- I have a few favorites pictures ever of Joselyn that Adam took while I was out. It's just such a cute daddy thing to do. I LOVE his Thanksgiving outfit! I saw it at Gap and wanted to get one for my little boy too! Too cute. You're a super mom for doing all the things you do!