Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally, some teeth to brush!

It took quite a while for Axl's teeth to come in...in fact, he was at the ripe old age of 13 months before the first one appeared...but then, within a matter of weeks he had the two on the bottom and four on the top! When we broke out the toothbrush the first couple of times and told him to brush his teeth he promptly put the toothbrush (toothpaste and all) up to his head to brush his hair. The poor child didn't know there was anything in his mouth to brush, but he's certainly had enough hair to brush since birth! He quickly warmed to the process and I hate to admit that sometimes we skip the toothbrushing because it makes for such a fit when it's time to put the brush away and head to bed!

1 comment:

Amanda Duke said...

haha I totally know what you mean. I feel bad when I skip brushing their teeth (like I did tonight) but it can be such a hassle when we just want to get them in bed. They hate when we do it for them but always hate when we have to take the brush away from them so its a lose lose situation if you ask me.