Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Productivity (edited to include results!)

Since I got essentially NOTHING done yesterday--even down to forgetting that the Primary Presidency was coming over to MY house for a meeting last night--I have decided to give myself a PUBLIC to-do list today. Hopefully this will whip my little butt (which is in actuality working currently on its hugaciousness because my butt explodes during pregnancy) into gear.

Shower CHECK
Axl Bath CHECK
Axl Breakfast CHECK
Had to stick this one in there to show off his cute teeth!
Grocery List CHECK
Grocery CHECK
Make lunch for the fam and one of Tyler's Business School group partners CHECK (Yummy Asian chicken stuff served with rice, even Axl liked it)

As we were finishing lunch I got a text from Erin about seeing a movie we had planned to see this week...hurriedly, easily forgetting this list, I arranged a babysitter and ran out the door. It worked out perfectly to put him down for a nap at Grandma's house and pick him up after the movie. Can't let a silly list make me miss a good time with a friend, right??
Straighten house while Axl is napping NIXED for the movie, but later at least straightened the kitchen
NAP while Axl is napping :) (Probably won't happen) The movie was better :)
Clean all three bathrooms (yuck-o) 2 of 3 CHECK, last one saved for tomorrow
Put together toddler bed (pending Tyler's availability to help me before work) CHECK, we didn't have time to do it before Tyler went to work but Erin and I put our heads together and after some trial and error we were successful! (with Axl's help, of course)
Last two items NIXED. Tyler is home now and I will put these off for tomorrow.
Straighten Desk
Put away remaining laundry

Well, here we go...wish me luck! Though I didn't finish everything on the list, I do feel infinitely better than I did at the end of the day yesterday...getting things done feels good for me...I wish I could remember this feeling on days when I lack the motivation to move. :)

4 comments:

Tara Black said...

Good luck! Sometimes there are days when you are a stay at home mom that productivity goes right out the window and you would rather just hang out in your jammies with your little one and play. :)

E said...

You rock!!! And that toddler bed is almost impossible to get together in good time, without ever having done it:) At least you had all of the pieces--we lost most of them in our move here, and I had to call the manufacturer to send us more!!! But dang it it's a cute bed:) So jealous I missed out on movie time. but I am very impressed with what you got done...I have laid on the couch the past two days...ughh I need to get up and get moving!

Sierra said...

I know how you feel, sometimes I don't feel like doing anything, maybe I should make a list....

John and Erin said...

I really wanted to see that movie, and since you had read the book, then I definitely wanted to see it with you! And thanks so much for going, because now I don't feel the need to read the book!!! So thanks for saving me some time!!! It was fun! P.S.-when you are done with the toddler bed, we will NOT be taking it apart...it will just have to be stored all put together!!!