Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Axl's Room!


It took me quite a while to decide what I wanted to do with Axl's room when we found out we were pregnant and realized all his furniture needed to be passed down to baby. I didn't feel like we had gotten enough time out of the bears--if you know me, you know how much I love the bears...

I decided to consult my good friend, Natalie, for some ideas and she helped a LOT! I'm not sure it ended up how it would have if she had done it ('cause she is GOOD), but I am REALLY happy with it :)

Axl's big boy bed...complete with the fleece blanket I made to go with the crib blanket, Axl Bear, his taggie made by his Great Aunt Naomi, a pillow from my crib, glow worm, bunny bear, and usually about 5 pacifiers. :)
Vinyl done by Angie. (And a small note to whoever says applying vinyl is easy--you can either come to my house to apply the next vinyl project yourself, or kiss my butt...because I came dangerously close to committing suicide.)
Letters I decoupaged before Axl was born...also another close suicide call :) And the stripes that Axl pets when you ask him "Where are your stripes?"

Thanks again, Natalie for the great advice...I love how it turned out!

9 comments:

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

OMG the room looks great Joanna! You did such a good job! And I didn't know you loved Teddy Bears.

Marissa said...

So cute!!! I absolutely love it!

The Snyder's said...

VERY cute!! We were going to do vinyl decals in Waverly's room for the trees and birds, but decided to paint instead... I think we made the right choice. I mean, it was pretty time consuming, but I actually enjoyed the project.

Sierra said...

I love the room! And I am with you on vinyl, I told Angie for our next nursery I would pay her to come and apply it for me. It is worth it to not have to do it myself!

Crystal said...

Wow, his room is adorable! I love the stripes.

John and Erin said...

AMAZING!!!! I knew it would look great!!!!

E said...

That is adorable!!!

Natalie said...

It turned out great...love it!

Romney Family said...

It turned out so cute! And I have no idea what you are talking about. Vinyl is so easy to put up, then again I've been doing it awhile. To make you feel better, My first few times was hard and time consuming. But you did a great job.