Friday, March 5, 2010

Really??

...could it really be this easy? I'm pretty much in disbelief that I found my 17 1/2 month old son, on just the second night of trying out the toddler bed, like this...

The sad thing is that after he went to sleep and I finally went to bed, I wanted to go take it back. Scoop him up out of that bed and put him back in his crib where he belongs! I'm not ready for him to be a little boy...not by any means--but I guess I can take this as a message that he really is ready.

Tyler's response was that he was "just proud of the little guy". I suggested that we reward him...after sleeping through the night, only waking once for the yummy, and not even getting out of the bed until after 8 o'clock! So off we went to Target and Axl's limited vocabulary drew him, of course, to these...

We really are proud of him and fully expect nap time to be a different story...but for now I'm just relishing the fact that he seems to have known to make this transition easy on his mama! :)

5 comments:

Sierra said...

Wow... I am way impressed. I am not even ready to begin to think about that yet!

Sierra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
singingrae said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Oh man, perhaps Axl can have a little chat with McKay before L.L. Man comes along, cuz' I'm not thinking McKay's going to be on that bandwagon with Axl.

Laura said...

Trying REALLY hard not to get jealous...Cami's making some progress, but nothing like this!

Unknown said...

The pictures of him walking in the store with the ball and holding it in his seat are so precious!